Think about all the money that you spent till now for a professional paint job. What if you can save all that money and have fun along the way? The idea seems good, doesn’t it? But is that really as easy as it is to say? The answer is, it is. You just need the proper tools for it - one of the best automotive spray gun for beginners.
But, how do we find the perfect tools? The reality is, finding the right paint gun is not always the easiest task to do. With our expertise in Paint Job for years, we can make your choice much easier. Here we have brought together only the best of Paint Guns for you to choose from so that you no longer have to look anywhere else!
- 1 Top 5 Automotive Spray Guns for begginers
- 2 How to Use Spray Gun
- 3 Buying Guide for Beginner's Automotive Spray Gun
- 4 Final Thoughts
Top 5 Automotive Spray Guns for begginers
Here we have picked best 5 spray guns for car painting or automotive spraying that will surely help the beginners.
1. TCP Global Brand HVLP Spray Gun Set
TCP Global's slogan says, get all the premium features without the premium price. TCP Global Brand HVLP Spray Gun Set combined three different size guns for varied use. Though you need an air compressor to run the sprayer, it basically requires almost half the air compared to other HVLP spray guns.
As we said earlier, three different sizes allow it to be used on various projects. While the 1.4 mm Fluid Tip Gun is ideal for Base-coats, Clear-coats and other Light to Medium Viscosity Materials. The 1.8mm Fluid Tip Gun is great for Primers, Oil Base, Latex, and other Medium to Heavy Viscosity Coatings. And you also get the 1.0 mm Tip Detail Gun for Tight Areas and Touchup.
You are also getting different parts, which you may need to buy differently in case of most other sprayers. All these things come at a very lucrative price too. This makes this set a great candidate to be your first Paint Gun!
2. HomeRight Finish Max C800766 HVLP Spray Gun
Simplicity makes it all better, and HomeRight Finish Max C800766 is a great example of that. Easy setup, use, and cleaning will make it your favorite paint gun. With three different spray patterns, Finish Max will give you the ultimate versatility. Paint tank capacity is a whopping 27 ounces, which means it is not going to empty up too soon!
The sprayer comes in at a weight of just 2.76 lbs., which means it is super lightweight and easy to control. Another great thing about Finish Max is, it has a build in turbine motor, so you don’t need to have an external air compressor to operate it. Compared to the price, this product is simply a steal. For a beginner, this could be the ideal first paint sprayer to fall in love with DIY paint jobs!
3. REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
A product that looks good quality doesn’t always mean it really is. Unlike REXBETI Ultimate-750, which looks as much as a premium product, as it really is. Ultimate-750 is bolstered by 500 Watts of power which gives a smooth picture-perfect finish. The top-quality container can hold up to 1000ml.
It is equipped with three different size nozzles, you can also adjust to one of 3 different spray patterns- horizontal, vertical and circular. The unique flow control knob is there for you to control exactly how you want the paint to be.
It’s super easy to use. Even if you never saw how to use a sprayer, you can operate it. With this sprayer, your pocket will not be empty, and your DIY projects will be on safe hands (or safe gun, perhaps?).
4. Astro 4008 Spray Gun
Design-wise nothing fancy, yet works like a charm. This is the story of Astro 4008 Spray Gun. Use it for any purpose, and it will get the job done perfectly. It has a unique air valve design along with two-piece construction. You can hold the sprayer to any angle and canister will not spill any painting thanks to its great suction quality.
If you are a beginner, don’t be worried, they got you covered. It comes with a detailed beginner user manual on how to set up air supply, adjust fan size, fan shape, material rate, and most importantly how to paint any substrate successfully. This is also one of the cheapest paint guns that you will find on the market.
5. Wagner Spraytech 0518080 HVLP Paint Sprayer
Wagner Spraytech 0518080 is a bit expensive compared to many other, but it’s still better than spending thousands of dollars on professional paint jobs, right? However, the price too has its reasons. Its powerful two-stage turbine is one of them. You can use this on all kinds of material, from thickest to thinnest.
A viscosity cup to measure the density of the material you are painting is one of the coolest features of this sprayer. Once you start painting on your own, you will realize how much it helps. It also has the option to paint in round, horizontal, or vertical pattern. Two large air filters are also there for a smooth finish. The price should discourage you to buy this paint gun if you want something that will last through your beginner to the pro level of paint jobs!
How to Use Spray Gun
There are some essential things to do before you get started on the painting.
- Wear a safety mask and glass to avoid sprinkles.
- Clear the dust on the surface you are painting, by sanding or use a brush if there’s less dust.
- Metal may get rusted, in that case sanding and cleaning dust by brush both is necessary. Then make your paint thinner, check the manual on how thin paint you may need for particular materials. Then apply primer on the surface you are planning to paint on.
- Make sure you cover the area you don’t want to paint before you use the primer. After you apply the primer, it’s time for the final touch.
- Start painting from a side and don’t hold in a single place for a long time to avoid imperfection.
- Try to keep same pace throughout the painting.
- After you are all done, make sure that you clear your gun for the next use.
Buying Guide for Beginner's Automotive Spray Gun
Finding a good paint gun is hard, but it is even harder to choose your first paint gun. No prior experience means you don’t know what to look for in a sprayer. Don’t worry, check the following guide and buy without hesitation.
- A good paint gun must have sufficient power as it increases the smoothness of the painting.
- Choose an HVLP gun for efficiency.
- Choose the nozzle size before buying, depending on your purpose of use. This will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- If you are buying a paint gun that does not have its own air compressor, buy an external one. Make sure your air compressor can give enough support to your gun.
- Buy a paint gun that is easy to clean.
There are lots of paint gun on the market. They are also available at different prices. But not all of them are good quality and beginner friendly. With our expertise, we present you the most beginner friendly paint guns that will make your life easier and also save you from a lot of extra expense. We hope we made your choice much easier.