Keeping your car clean, maintaining and checking the cooling system, checking the oil and routine maintenance with a specialist – these are all basic car maintenance advice regarding your car maintenance. However, to keep your Mercedes Benz firing at an optimal condition, we advise that you give a little extra care to your vehicle- you need to have the best OBD2 Scanner for Mercedes Benz.
Imagine the peace of mind that comes with knowing precisely the shape and health of your Mercedes at any point in time. The great part is that you can do it yourself and your comfortable time.
Diagnostic tools are the swiss-army knife you need in the trunk or glove compartment. They monitor and diagnose your vehicle so you avoid those nagging engine problems and save you money in the long run.
There are many Mercedes Benz star diagnostic tools, but these are the tools that are worth shelling a few coins on.
6 Best OBD2 Scanner for Mercedes[azonpress template=”table” asin=”B07XL3HK8W,B008XN7NUG,B00652G4TS,B015DNAMT2,B00NID586M,B00UJV3E12″]
Reviews on OBD2 Scanners for Mercedes Benz
OBD2 comes in different price ranges, functionalities and offer different professional diagnostic performance. You can choose a device based on the brand, models or simply one that works well for your vehicle.
The NT510 Elite is an upgraded version of the NT510 with more dynamic compatibility. Although it is a multi-purpose OBD2 device, it scans all models Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Mercedes-Benz Smart with impressive accuracy.
- It is a cost-effective OBD2 tool that allows you to own more than one OBD software on your device
- Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes
- A reliable Mercedes diagnostic tool that helps access vehicle systems and reset partial parameters’ status after repair and maintenance
- Live data graphing
- Diagnoses for users to read trouble codes and live data stream, locate and further address vehicle issues efficiently and accurately
- Support key programming
- Supports adaptations and control module coding on your Mercedes Benz. Supports the most commonly required service features like Electronic Parking Brake, oil service indicator, and transmission adaptations, etc
- Convenient design and rugged build for both shop and road tests
- Lifetime free update
- Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes and resets
- Upgradable to cover other car brands.
- Ability to carry out a full system scan.
- Connectivity to computer software not always unreliable
When choosing an OBD2 device that fulfills your needs, consider basic requirements such as display functions, Bluetooth and ease of connection. The Autel Maxidas DS808 is that advanced scanning device that ticks a lot of boxes.
MaxiDAS DS808 is one of the best OBD2 scanners for Mercedes. Given that it is a generic diagnostics tool, it offers extensive diagnostics coverage.
The intuitive user interface offers maximum convenience and efficiency for you to get the best out of your Mercedes.
- Display tablet
- Besides being an advanced scanning and diagnostic tool, Maxidas DS 808 boasts a 7-inch LCD touchscreen tablet displays at 1024 x 600 quality that makes using the device easy and effortless.
- Powered by the Android operating system the tablet is preloaded with all the apps you need to get started.
- Advanced diagnosis and power functions.
- Not only does the Maxidas DS808 contain complete capabilities for codes and live data, but it can also be used to monitor the smooth operation of the engine, electrical systems, and processes maintenance check of your Mercedes. Including other common service functions, such as Oil Reset Service, ABS/SRS Service, TPMSana Programming Service, SAS Calibration Service, etc
- Automatic Software Update.
- The device has an Auto-Update feature that allows the tool to automatically update the operating system, the MaxiDAS system, and the Vehicle. Providing you with ease and convenient use of the device and a full year guarantee.
- Interactive Intuitive interface allows for ease of use
- Immediate remote control tech support
- Exceptional OE-Level system gives real-time data
- Convenient data management system
- The device may be slow at certain times.
- The software gets bugged sometimes
Suitable for amateurs with a basic knowledge level about repairing and maintaining Mercedes Benz. If the price is a concern and you have only a small budget to spend on a diagnostic tool, don’t worry, we’ve got you. This device provides you with basic functions needed by a scan tool at a fair price compared to other obd2 scanners with live data.
BlueDriver LSB2 Bluetooth Pro is a professional hand-held diagnostics tool that works on your smartphone or tablet. When pair with its dedicated app, It allows you to read your check engine light and unlimited free vehicle-specific Repair Reports and suggest fixes and provides maintenance schedule.
- Live data
- It provides interactive graphing live data of your vehicle and also saves your data. It comes with an intuitive user interface that works on both apple and android devices.
- Reads and clear codes
- The device offers the same functions as other OBD2 scanning devices at a lower price and gives advanced test results. It reads and clear check engine codes, Enhanced Codes (e.g. ABS, Airbag, Transmission, etc).
- Ease of use and portability.
- The device works on your mobile phone or tablet and only requires you to download a dedicated app. It makes for easy connection via Bluetooth.
- It helps in smog check and emission test
- Device is portable
- Ease of use
- Provides repair reports
- Freeze frame data feature
- Bluetooth connectivity issues
- App malfunctions sometimes
Choosing a brand-specific diagnostic tool makes detecting engine problems easier as it is designed to scan the specific brand. As a Mercedes Benz user, you’ll be glad to know that icarsoft MBII was designed to test and diagnose the Mercedes brand.
This device from iCarsoft is designed for Mercedes Benz.
- has a large screen display that helps when reading and operating scan device.
- Full system diagnosis
- It reads and clears trouble codes specific to your vehicle such as the engine, transmission, ABS and SRS, etc.
- On-Board Monitoring
- This function can be utilized to read the results of on-board diagnostic monitoring tests for specific components/systems.
- O2 Sensor Test
- This feature allows for retrieval and viewing of the O2 sensor test. also the results for many recently performed tests from the vehicle’s on-board computer.
- Mercedes specific diagnostic tool
- Reads and clears DTC
- Interactive design and ease to use
- provide live scanning of all system
- Full speed upgrade
- Multi-language support
- Has problems connecting to the internet sometimes.
Launch has rolled out an upgrade in X431 V PRO which has a social sharing and multi-language feature.
Along with its fast and efficient data coding ability, The android operating device provides seamless wireless and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Fast and efficient data coding
- Along with a fast and functional operating system, this tool provides you fast data coding and repairs. Providing to be a staunch diagnostic tool you need.
- A multi-touch, tablet capacitor screen for quick and easy user operation.
- Live graph data
- Provides live graph data while in use.
- Module coding functions reset diagnostic codes.
- Ease of use
- Users can install other Andriod apps
- It has Social sharing option which can be useful to reach other to other users.
- Quick and easy software update
- Has issues resetting some dashboard lights.
When selecting an OBD2 tool, one important factor to note is whether you are getting the best value for your money. This device certainly fits the bill and offers useful information, whether you are an amateur or savvy with coding tools.
This tool has 2.8’ TFT color screen and hotkeys for readiness test, and reading/clearing DTCs make it excellent value for money.
- provides quick access to emissions readiness status, DTC reads and resolves dysfunctions.
- This scan tool does not only read and clear engine system faults, but it also shows live vehicle sensor data.
- With an internet connection, you have access to the newest bug fixes and newly added parameters.
- life-time free software updates
- Live data graphing and logging and help in smog check.
- Interactive display
- ease of use
- Dynamic coding tool
- easy software update and connectivity
- Generic and manufacturer-specific
- free software and firmware updates
- lacks instinctive user functions
To maintain that reassuring peace of mind and make sure that your Mercedes remains in great shape and health without having to bend backward. You can also avoid the sporadic visits to the mechanic/specialists whenever you have a little engine problem. We know that those impromptu visits to the specialist can be draining, not to mention time-consuming and at times, prove to be unnecessary.
Finding the best Mercedes diagnostic tool doesn’t have to be a hassle.
Besides money being a major factor when choosing a diagnostic tool for your Mercedes. However, there are other important factors to consider when choosing the best obd2 scanner for Mercedes.
First of all, besides knowing whether you need a code reader or scanner tools, check if the scanning tool is compatible with your Mercedes, offers dynamic coding features for your Mercedes model.
Consider whether data can be easily stored and retrieved from the device. Also if the diagnostic tool can be easily upgraded or updated.
Be sure to check the different features of the scanner tools and ho the help to optimize your Mercedes.
And finally, go on the internet for reviews and find out what other users are saying about their Mercedes diagnostic tools.
Hope you found this guide helpful.